Saturday, March 18, 2006

my cup runneth over

I have never made a fortune,
and I'll never make one now,

But it really doesn't matter
'cause I'm happy anyhow.

As I go along my journey,
I'm reaping better than I sowed.

I am drinking from the saucer
'cause my cup has overflowed.

I don't have a lot of riches,
and sometimes the going's tough,

And since I've friends to love me,
I think I'm rich enough.

I'll just thank God for all the blessings
that His mercy has bestowed.

I'm drinking from the saucer
'cause the cup has overflowed.

If God gives me strength and courage
when the way seems steep and rough,

I'll not ask for other blessings.
I'm already blessed enough.

May I never be too busy to bear another's load.
then I'll be drinking from the saucer 'cause my cup has overflowed.

Author Unknown