Thursday, February 01, 2007

The guilty undertaker sighs,The lonesome organ grinder cries,The silver saxophones say I should refuse you.The cracked bells and washed-out hornsBlow into my face with scorn,

But it's not that way,I wasn't born to lose you.I want you, I want you,I want you so bad, Honey, I want you.

The drunken politician leapsUpon the street where mothers weepAnd the saviors who are fast asleep,They wait for you.And I wait for them to interruptMe drinkin' from my broken cupAnd ask me to Open up the gate for you.

I want you, I want you,I want you so bad,Honey, I want you.

Now all my fathers, they've gone downTrue love they've been without it.But all their daughters put me down'Cause I don't think about it.Well, I return to the Queen of SpadesAnd talk with my chambermaid.She knows that I'm not afraidTo look at her.She is good to meAnd there's nothing she doesn't see.She knows where I'd like to beBut it doesn't matter.

I want you, I want you,I want you so bad,Honey, I want you.

Now your dancing child with his Chinese suit,He spoke to me, I took his flute.No, I wasn't very cute to him,Was I?But I did it, though, because he liedBecause he took you for a rideAnd because time was on his side

And because I . . . I want you, I want you,I want you so bad,Honey, I want you.