Saturday, June 02, 2007

A monument of love

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
..
.
.
.
.
.
.
I never wrote you a love song somehow words could not express what I needed to say and so I never wrote you a love song
But I will build this monument to remember all the love we once had and I'll close my eyes and make it how it used to be
I swear I never stopped loving you with everything I am
I wish that I'd had written you a love song and somehow you understood what it feels to be me becuase the Angel loves the sprite forever and does it unconditionally
But I will build this monument to remember all the love we once had and I'll close my eyes and make it how it used to be
I swear I never stopped loving you with everything I am
I met a lady in the meads Full beautiful --- a faery's child; Her hair was long, her foot was light, And her eyes were wild. I made a garland for her head, And bracelets too, and fragrant zone; She look'd at me as she did love, And made sweet moan. I set her on my pacing steed, And nothing else saw all day long; For sideways would she lean, and sing A faery's song.
She found me roots of relish sweet, And honey wild, and manna dew; And sure in language strange she said, 'I love thee true.' She took me to her elfin grot, And there she wept and sighed full sore, And there I shut her wild wild eyes
With kisses four. And there she lulled me asleep, And there I dream'd
The latest dream I ever dreamt On the cold hill side. I saw pale kings, and princes too, Pale warriors, death-pale were they all; They cried --- 'La Belle Dame sans Merci Hath thee in thrall!' I saw their starved lips in the gloam With horrid warning gaped wide, And I awoke, and found me here On the cold hill side.
And this is why I sojourn here, Alone and palely loitering; Though the sedge is wither'd from the lake,
And no birds sing.