Friday, February 24, 2006

It's no sacrifice at all

It's a human sign
When things go wrong
When the scent of her lingers
And temptation's strong

Into the boundary
Of each married man
Sweet deceit comes calling
And negativity lands

Cold cold heart
Hard done by you
Some things look better baby
Just passing through

And it's no sacrifice
Just a simple word
It's two hearts living
In two separate worlds
But it's no sacrifice
No sacrifice

Mutual misunderstanding
After the fact
Sensitivity builds a prison
In the final act

We lose direction
No stone unturned
No tears to damn you
When jealousy burns

It's late in the evening, She's wondering what clothes to wear

She puts on her make up, And brushes her long blonde hair

And then she asks me, Do I look alright ,And I say yes, you look wonderful tonight


We go a party, And everyone turns to see, This beautiful lady, That's walking around with me

And then she asks me, Do you feel alright, And I say yes, I feel wonderful tonight


I feel wonderful, Because I see the love light in your eyes, And the wonder of it all, Is that you just don't realize, How much I love you


It's time to go home now, And I've got an aching head, So I give her the car keys, She helps me to bed, And then I tell her, As I turn out the light,

I say my darling, you were wonderful tonight, Oh my darling, you were wonderful tonight